Underage characters are under draftable age. This means 18 for girls and 20 for boys. They MUST age up in real time. They will not be drafted until they are the appropriate age. ( at least 18 for girls and 20 for boys) There is no skipping years to make them draftable.
- Interactions are limited. Girls over the age of 11 are in boarding school (prior to 2190, all girls six and up went to boarding school and that is all your playable characters will have known), and boys are home. Although the chips do offer a bit more freedom than the sensor bracelets, underaged characters are watched more closely.
- The youngest character you can make is 16 (for girls or boys). The oldest that you can make an underage character is 17 for girls and 19 for boys. They must be at least six months out from their draftable age.
That said, you can still play interactions within the various school buildings and sponsorships for the boys when they turn 18. There is also family interaction and meeting with friends during holidays and weekends.
Women can become undraftable in two ways:
- She is widowed after the age of 40
- She is widowed after giving birth to a living child (stillbirth does not count)
What happens when a woman is declared undraftable?
- Undraftable females are moved into an apartment with other undraftables as neighbors.
- Undraftable women trade in their vehicle for either a convertible or a sedan of their choice.
To ensure that there are no "accidents", if you haven't already been sterilized, you will be within a month of your status change. This is to make sure that you have enough time to heal before beginning your new sponsoring gig.